maandag 16 juli 2012

City Slickers

For some time this thing has been brewing and since last friday the volcano called 'Mordheim' has erupted.
Mordheim, as some might know and shame on those who don't, is a skirmished based 28mm miniature game set in the Warhammer world revovling around the ruined city of Mordheim.
Some call this thing 'Necromunda for fantasy' and since I've never played Necromunda I'll agree with that, but I do know for fact that it's the most fun game ever by Games Workshop.
The aim of the game is that you assemble a warband of suitable cutthoaths and venture out into the city to find loot, obviously you're not the only one with this idea and so you'll soon come to blows with your rivals.
Your warriors can gain wealth and experience by fighting and surviving but they can also suffer wounds that have an effect on their characteristics wich I think is brilliant.
A fair few warbands were created by GW and a lot more stuff is fanbased and whilst I support the fans I followed my instincts and opted for a gang of Possessed, in short Chaos Cultists.
One thing I must tell you is that I'm currently unemployed so the whole thing is done on a budget but this doesn't mean it was gonna be pug-ugly.
Years ago the Powers of Chaos granted me a nice set of miniatures from Heresy and these came in handy as a Magister, Brethren and a Dark Soul, the beastman is a Sebeki miniature from Crocodile Games.
The Possessed is a whole different story... I picked him up at the bring and buy at Crisis last year for scratch and kitbashed him with plastic bits from GW and a nice amount of green stuff.
So now I have a 6 man warband of Chaos lovers called the 'Cult of the Black Pit' for ziltch.. who said wargaming's expencive?



And here they are partily painted


It's impotant to think about the future and prepare yourself, I only got 2 heroes so at first my Wyrdstone income will be low so as soon as I can afford him Brother Maddox will join the gang.





The body is from Hersey, the head from a Warlord Games Celt, the tentacle from Black Cat and the sword from I don't know.

Enjoy it Mortals!!!

1 opmerking:

  1. Would love to join in, but hobby TSA time at the moment is to cry for, even though i have a Dawi Zharr slaver band almost completely painted up :(

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen